1. The Zero Discrimination Day (ZDD) is observed every year on March 1 to promote the idea that everyone has a right to live with dignity.
2. The Western Naval Command has carried out three-week long tri-Services maritime exercise termed 'Paschim Leher (XPL – 2018)' in the Arabian Sea from February 12 with an aim of building inter- operability.
3. India has successfully test-fired Anti Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) Nag.
4. The Nathpa Jhakri Dam is a concrete gravity dam on the Sutlej river in Himachal Pradesh.
5. The Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA). The NFRA will act as an independent regulator for the auditing profession which was one of the key changes brought in by the Companies Act 2013. The jurisdiction of NFRA for investigation of Chartered Accountants and their firms will be extended to the listed companies and large unlisted public companies.
6. India's star wrestler Vinesh Phogat has settled for Silver Medal in the 50kg Freestyle competition at the Asian Wrestling Championship in Kyrgyzstan on March 1.
7. The Karnataka government has launched the world's largest solar park 'Shakti Sthalaon' at Pavagada in Tumakuru district, about 180km from Bengaluru. The solar park has a capacity of 2,000 MW.
8. Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha has been honoured with a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the fields of arts and politics at a ceremony in the UK's Parliament complex on March 2, 2018.
9. Navjot Kaur has scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman to win a Gold medal at the Senior Asian Wrestling Championships. She clinched the coveted yellow metal in the 65 kg freestyle category at the tournament held at Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan on March 2, 2018.
10. For the first time, India has signed a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with foreign partners — Russia & Bangladesh — for civil nuclear cooperation. The MoU will be helpful for cooperation in construction of Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant in Pabna, Bangladesh. This will be first ever nuclear power plant in Bangladesh.
11. Viswanathan Anand, the five-time world champion, has won the 11thTal Memorial Chess tournament (rapid section) 2018 with a score of 6.0/9 in Moscow on March 4.
12. Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the noted an Indian cricketer, has become a brand ambassador of gaming platform Dream11 on March 5, 2018. Dhoni, who had led the country to a famous triumph in the inaugural World T20 Championship in 2007, would be the new face of the gaming platform's multi-channel marketing campaigns and brand engagement activities. Dhoni captained the Indian team in limited-overs formats from 2007 to 2016 and in Test cricket from 2008 to 2014. Currently the gaming platform has a user base of 2 crore sports fans playing "fantasy cricket, football, kabaddi and NBA.
13. The Union government has set up a steering committee to consider various issues relating to the development of Fintech space in India with a view to make Fintech related regulations more flexible and generate enhanced entrepreneurship. The move is a follow up to the announcement made by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in his Budget speech of 2018-19. The 8-member committee headed by Economic Affairs Secretary, Subhash Chandra Garg.
14. Indian shooter Shahzar Rizvi has clinched gold with a world record score of 242.3 in 10m air pistol men's final in the 2018 ISSF World Cup at Guadalajara in Mexico on March 3. Striking a score of 242.3, Meerut-based Shahzar made sure that he gave India a taste of gold and kept his cool to achieve his target. While in the same event, Jitu Rai grabbed bronze medal. Meanwhile, Mehuli clinched bronze in the Women's 10m Air Rifle final with a score of 228.4. A total of 404 athletes from 50 National Olympic Committees are participating in the in the 12-day competition, which will have 15 medal events including three mixed team events. India has fielded a 33-member squad.
15. Neiphiu Rio, the senior leader of President of Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) & currently a Member of Parliament (MP) from Nagaland Lok Sabha constituency, will be sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Nagaland on March 8, 2018.
16. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the pan-India expansion of flagship programme–Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao (BBBP)–from JhunJhun district of Rajasthan on March 8 to mark the International Women's Day (IWD-2018). The BBBP is an initiative to save and educate the girl child. The programme will be expanded from the present 161 districts to 640 all over the country. In another landmark initiative, the Prime Minister will also launch the National Nutrition Mission (NNM). He will also launch NNM- ICDS Common Application Software.
17. India's first helicopter-taxi service has been successfully launched in Bengaluru.
18. Out of 133 countries, India has been ranked the 4th most powerful military power in the world, according to the Global Fire Power Index (GFPI) 2017. The list is topped by US followed by Russia and China.
19. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has recently approved India's membership after its shareholders gave their nod to make India its 69th member. The London-headquartered EBRD is a multilateral development bank set up in 1991.
20. The Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) will become the first sovereign nation to issue a cryptocurrency that will be legal tender.
21. NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant has launched the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) on the occasion of 2018 International Women's Day (IWD).
22. The International Women's Day (IWD) is celebrated every year on March 8 to highlight the achievements of women. In 1975, International Women's Day was celebrated for the first time by the United Nations.
23. Noted Indian architect & urban planner Balkrishna Doshi has been named the prestigious 2018 Pritzker Architecture Prize for being able to interpret architecture and transform it into buildings that respect Eastern culture.
24. Gita Mittal, the Delhi High Court Acting Chief Justice, has become the first woman from the field of law and justice to be conferred the 'Nari Shakti Puraskar'.
25. Prakriti has been inducted as the first direct-entry combat officer in the border guarding force, ITBP.
26. Tech giant Microsoft has inked its first renewable energy deal in India for powering its new facility in Bengaluru.
27. The Mundra Thermal Power Station is located at Mundra in Kutch district of Gujarat. The power plant is one of the coal-based power plants of Adani Power. The source of water for the power plant is sea water from the Gulf of Kutch. It is the world's 11th-largest single location coal-based thermal power plant as well as India's second largest operational power plant.
28. The World ATM Congress (WATMC-2018) was held at Feria de Madrid in Spain from March 6 to 8. It is the world's largest international air traffic management (ATM).
29. Pyare Lal Wadali (75), the famous Sufi singer, has passed away in Amritsar, Punjab.
30. Biplab Kumar Deb, a member of the royal family, has been sworn-in as 10th chief minister in Agartala on March 9, 2018.
31. The first-ever International Solar Alliance (ISA) summit will be held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan cultural centre in New Delhi on March 11, 2018.
32. The headquarters of the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) has been shifted from Chennai to Ballabhgarh in Faridabad District of Haryana.
33. Diu has become the India's first Union Territory (UT) to run 100% on solar power energy.
34. As part of the 10th edition of MILAN 2018, the first-ever multi-nation naval exercise at sea called MILES-18 has started on March 11, 2018. The exercise will be conducted for three days in the Andaman Sea. Those participating in the event include 11 foreign naval ships and six Indian ships. Apart from enhancing inter-operability, the exercise will enable honing of search and rescue operations procedures, maritime interdiction operations, core operational skills and exercise a variety of maritime security scenarios. The Andaman Nicobar naval command is organizing multi-national mega event "Milan 2018" with theme 'Friendship Across the Seas' at Port Blair in Andaman & Nicobar islands from March 6 to March 13, 2018. The purpose of Milan 2018 is to enhance regional cooperation for combating Unlawful Activities at sea will be organised.
35. World champions Australia have lifted the coveted 27th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah cup 2018 in Ipoh, Malaysia on March 10, 2018. In the final, they beat defending champions England by a narrow 2-1 margin.
36. For the first time, the Border Security Force (BSF) and the Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) have declared an 8.3 km stretch along the Indo-Bangladesh border a 'crime free zone' on March 10, 2018 to curb criminal activities including smuggling.
37. The Festival of Democracy will be celebrated in Jaipur, Rajasthan on March 17, 2018 to discuss developmental dialogues relevant to democracy in the country.
38. India's first national coastal policing academy has been set up in Devbhumi Dwarka district of Gujarat to train police forces in effectively safeguarding the Indian shoreline.
39. Bidya Devi Bhandari has been re-elected as President of Nepal for second term in office with an overwhelming majority.
40. India's tallest national flag has been unfurled in Belagavi (also known as Belgaum) in Karnataka.
41. President Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated the World Hindi Secretariat building in Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius, on March 13, 2018.
42. Stephen Hawking (76), the legendary British theoretical physicist, has passed away in Cambridge, United Kingdom on March 14, 2018. He is known for his groundbreaking work with black holes and relativity. 'A Brief History of Time'.
43. The Haryana government will constitute a committee to find a solution to polluted water flowing in Yamuna river affecting the four districts of the state. Om Parkash Dhankhar.
44. According to the World Bank's latest report "India Development Update – India's Growth Story", India's GDP growth has been projected at 7.3% for the financial year FY 19 (2018-19) and it is expected to accelerate further to 7.5% in 2019-20.
45. The World Consumer Rights Day (WCRD) is observed every year on March 15 to promote basic rights of all consumers. On this day in 1962, President John F Kennedy formally addressed the issue of consumer rights in US Congress. We observe the National Consumer Day on 24th of December every year.
46. An India-UK Joint Team has won the Newton-Bhabha Fund for a project on Groundwater Arsenic Research in Ganga River Basin.
47. The Pi Day is observed every year on March 14 (3/14) across the world.
48. The 105th session of the Indian Science Congress (ISC) will be hosted by Manipur Central University in Imphal from 16 to 20 March 2018. The focal theme of the ISC is "Reaching the Unreached Through Science & Technology". The 104th ISC was held at Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh. 106 Session will be held in Bhopal.
49. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron have jointly inaugurated the 75MW solar power plant at Chhanvey block in Mirzapur district of Uttar Pradesh. The largest solar power plant in Uttar Pradesh has been built in collaboration with French solar power giant Engie Solar at Dadar Kalan village.
50. The Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes (CIRB) has claimed that India's first cloned Assamese buffalo male calf 'Sach-Gaurav' has born in Hisar.
51. The International Air Transport Association (IATA). The IATA is a trade association of the world's airlines and is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
52. India has been ranked 78th among 114 on the World Economic Forum (WEF)'s Energy Transition Index (ETI) 2018. The report titled "Fostering Effective Energy Transition", ranks countries on how well they are able to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
53. Actor Jackie Shroff's short film 'Shunyata' has won the best film award at 2018 Best of India Short Film Festival at Mack Sennett Studios in Los Angeles, United States on March 3.
54. The United Nations Committee for Development Policy (CDP) has recently announced that the four countries will be recommended for graduation from the Least Developed Country (LDC) category. These are Bhutan, Kiribati, Sao Tome and Principe and Solomon Islands.
55. The two-day Informal World Trade Organisation (WTO) ministerial meeting has started in New Delhi on March 19, 2018.
56. The first phase of Indo-French joint naval exercise 'Varuna 2018' has kickstarted at the Mormugao Port Trust (MPT) in Vasco, Goa on March 19, 2018.
57. NITI Aayog has recently released roadmaps for 'Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital in Education (SATH-E)' project to introduce system-wide governance transformation in school education.
58. The 7th edition of the Women Science Congress (WSC-2018) has inaugurated by West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi at Manipur University, Imphal on March 18, 2018.
59. The World Sparrow Day (WSD) is observed every year on March 20 to highlight the declining population of the bird due to modern infrastructure, pollution by microwave towers and pesticides and lesser green spaces.
60. The Salal Hydroelectric Power Station (SHPS) is a run-of-the-river power project on the Chenab River in the Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
61. The International Day of Happiness is observed every year on March 20. Finland was ranked as the happiest country to live, while Burundi in East Africa is the unhappiest place in the world. India was ranked 133rd in the report.
62. The 106th edition of the Indian Science Congress (ISC) will be held at the Barkatullah University in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh from 3rd to 7th January, 2019.
63. According to Mercer's 20th annual Quality of Living survey 2018, Vienna has topped the ranking among 231 cities for the 9th consecutive year. It is followed by Switzerland's Zurich. They were closely followed by Bengaluru (149), Chennai (151), Mumbai, (154), Kolkata (160), with New Delhi (162).
64. The Government of India (GoI) had constituted an 8-member task force under CBDT member Arvind Modi in November 2017 to review the Income-tax Act of 1961 and to draft a new Direct Tax Law in consonance with the economic needs of the country.
65. The World Water Day (WWD) is observed every year on 22 March to raise awareness about the importance of water. The 2018 theme 'Nature for Water' is exploring nature-based solutions to the water challenges the world faces in the 21st century. The day is about focusing on the importance of water and the need to preserve it. The day encourages people not to waste one of the most important elements that sustain life on the planet. An international day to celebrate freshwater was recommended at the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) in Rio de Janeiro. The United Nations General Assembly responded by designating 22 March 1993 as the first World Water Day.
66. The Union government has decided to declare 2018 as 'National Year of Millets' to boost the cultivation of millets like ragi and jowar on a mission mode to achieve nutritional security.
67. Canadian mathematician Robert P. Langlands has won the prestigious Abel Prize 2018 for his visionary programme connecting representation theory to number theory. Would receive the award from Norway's King Harald V at an award ceremony in Oslo on May 22, 2018. The prize is named after the 19th century Norwegian mathematician Niels Henrik Abel and is awarded annually since 2003.
68. Les Payne (76), a fervid and fearless Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter, has passed away in Manhattan, United States on March 18, 2018. He served as an editor and columnist at Newsday and is a founder of the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ). Payne received a Pulitzer Prize for his investigative research 'Heroin Trail' in 1974.
69. The Kerala government has declared Jackfruit as the official fruit of the state to promote the 'Kerala Jackfruit' as a brand in markets across the country and abroad.
70. Star shuttler P V Sindhu has been named the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the opening ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games (CWG).
71. The world's longest sandstone cave named Krem Puri has discovered near the village of Laitsohum in Mawsynram area of East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya.
72. Chandigarh has become the North India's first city to install digital automatic speed gun cameras for traffic management.
73. As per the data released by Union ministry of Social Justice, a total number of 4,13,670 beggars are residing in India, including 2,21,673 males and 1,91,997 females beggars in the country. The data, based on 2011 census, revealed that West Bengal has topped the chart with 81,224 beggars, followed by Uttar Pradesh (65,835).
74. The Surat district of Gujarat has become the India's first district to have 100% solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHCs) to combat the issue of global warming.
75. The 12th edition of Earth Hour was observed across the world by turning off non-essential electric lights for one hour from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm on March 24, 2018. It is the world's largest grassroots movement for the environment where people around the globe unite to take a stand against climate change by turning off non-essential lights for one hour.
76. The Supreme Court has appointed Justice Jawad Rahim as the new acting chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT).
77. India's first Insect Museum has inaugurated by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswamy at the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in Coimbatore.
78. Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan, one of the most distinguished biologists of the country, has been appointed as the new Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) to the Government of India (GoI).
79. Aleksandra Liashkova from Belarus was crowned Miss Supermodel Worldwide 2018 at a grand finale in Gurugram on March 26, 2018.
80. Indu Bhushan has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Centre's ambitious Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) for a period of two years.
81. Win Myint, a loyalist of Aung San Suu Kyi, has been elected as the new President of Myanmar after the resignation of his predecessor 'Htin Kyaw'. Myint is a stalwart member of National League for Democracy (NLD).
82. ISRO has successfully launched GSAT-6A telecommunication satellite using the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-F08) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota, about 110km from Chennai on March 29, 2018. The purpose of the satellite is to provide mobile communication applications in S-band in five spot beams and C-band in one beam during its 10-year life span.
83. The 114th meeting of the Permanent Indus Commission (PIC) between India and Pakistan has started in New Delhi on March 29, 2018.
84. Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has been re-elected for a second term with a sweeping majority in the 2018 Egyptian presidential election.