1. Which of the following is India's first state to link government colleges to national cancer grid?
2. According to the HIS Inc recently released report, what is the India's position in defence spending?
3. With which of the following, the ReNuAL project is related to __?
[A]Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
4. What is the purpose of the recently launched "Gyan Chakra" of Indian Army's Western Command?
[A]To provide education to youngsters about career in Indian Army
[B]To work as a think tank on strategic and national security issues
[C]To collaborate with educational institutions to impart security related awareness in schools
[D]To set up a network of army schools in the country
5. Which of the following is NOT a function of the Medical Council of India?
[A]Maintenance of uniform standards of medical education
[B]Sanctioning medical colleges in India
[C]Providing ethical oversight in medical education
[D]Maintaining register of Doctors as well as Pharmacists
6. What was the venue of recently held fourth Nuclear Security Summit (NSS)?
[A]New York, USA
[B]Washington DC, USA
[C]Seoul, South Korea
[D]The Hague, Netherlands
7. Dame Zaha Hadid, who died recently was a world-renowned __:
8. A news recently reported: "Output from the eight core infrastructure industries grew at the fastest pace in 15 months, clocking a 5.7 per cent growth in February". Which of the following is NOT among the core infrastructure industries?
[B] Crude Oil
[D] Pulp & Paper
9. Recently, the Government of India has extended safeguard duty on steel imports till March 2018. The purpose of this move is to protect Indian industry from cheap imports from __?
10. Who is the incumbent head of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees?
11. Who is the author of the book "Standing Guard— A year in Opposition"?
[A]Raghuram Govind Rajan
[D]Suzanna Arundhati Roy
12. The World Autism Awareness Day is observed on which date?
13. According to the recently released UNIDO report titled "Yearbook", what is the India's rank among the world's 10 largest manufacturing countries?
14. Which Indian personality was recently bestowed with the Saudi Arabia's highest civilian honour "the King Abdulaziz Sash"?
[D]Dalbir Singh Suhag
15. World's first 'White Tiger Safari' has opened in which state of India?
[D] West Bengal
16. Who has won the 2016 Miami Open Men's singles title?
17. Who has won the 2016 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix?
18. Who has won the 2016 Paris marathon in the men's category?
19. Unakoti hill,an ancient Shaivite place of worship, is located in which state of India?
20. Which of the following is the newly introduced fully unreserved, superfast train in India?
21. Which of the following tournament celebrated its silver jubilee on April 6, 2016?
[A]Sultan Azlan Shah Cup
[B]Thomas & Uber Cup
[C]Hero Indian Open
22. Prime Minister of which country recently resigned from his post after his name was revealed in Panama paper leak?
23. The world's first mass dengue vaccination programme has been launched by which country?
24. Who has been conferred with the 2014 the National Geoscience Award for Excellence?
[A]Muduru Lachhana Dora
[B]Ashok Kumar Singhvi
[C]Vijay V. Mugal
25. India's first Aadhaar enabled ATM has been launched by which bank?
[A]State Bank of India
[B] ICICI Bank
[D] Axis Bank
26. Who is the newly elected President of Vietnam?
[A]Tran Dai Quang
[B]Truong Tan Sang
[C]Nguyen Phu Trong
[D]Nguyen Huu Vinh
27. Which mobile app has been recently launched by Union Government to empower common people to demand 24×7 Power?
28. The International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed on which date?
29. What is the name of India's first recently launched cash giving app?
30. The National Maritime Day of India is celebrated on which day?
31. Dev Javia is associated with which sports?
32. Myneni Hari Prasad Rao, who died recently, was as an architect of which power station of India?
[A]Rajasthan Atomic Power Station
[B]Madras Atomic Power Station
[C]Narora Atomic Power Station
[D]Tarapur Atomic Power Station
33. Which committee has been set up to suggest ways to tighten security along Indo-Pak border?
[A]Shailesh Nagar committee
[B]NR Madhava committee
[C]Madhukar Gupta committee
[D]Abhijit Sen committee
34. The Sultan Azlan Shah Cup is held in which country?
35. The United Nations' (UN) International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) is observed on which date?
36. What is the maximum speed of the India's first semi high-speed train "Gatimaan Express"?
37. India has recently launched "Transnational Skill Standards", which is benchmarked to which country?
[B] United Kingdom
38. The 2016 Water Film Festival has started in which city of India?
39. Which company recently made an appeal in International Court of Justice for arbitration proceedings over India Tax Arbitration?
[C]United Breweries Group
40. Mossack Fonseca & Co., which was recently in news, is a company from which country?
41. What is the theme of 2016 World Health Day (WHD)?
[A]Healthy heart beat, Healthy blood pressure
[C]Healthy blood pressure
[D]Save lives: Make hospitals safe in emergencies
42. Which country has won the 2016 Asian Nations Cup Chess tournament?
43. The 2016 International Conference on the "Zero" was recently hosted by which country?
44. Who is the newly appointed Prime Minister of Iceland?
[D]Sigurdur Ingi Johannsson
45. Which Union Ministry has recently launched the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) portal?
[A]Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
[B]Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
[C]Ministry of Human Resource Development
[D]Ministry of Science and Technology
46. "Maa Annapurna Yojna" has been launched in which state of India?
47. Which railway zone has become the largest freight loading railway zone of Indian Railways in FY 2015-16?
[A]West Central Railway
[B]North Central Railway
[C]East Coast Railway
[D]South Central Railway
48. The 2016 National Tribal Carnival will be held in which city of India?
49. The first-ever North East-ASEAN Business Summit was hosted by which city of India?
50. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of NASSCOM?
[D]BVR Mohan Reddy
51. Which committee has been recently constituted to monitor Government Advertisements?
[B]C K Prasad committee
[C]B B Tandon committee
[D]Rajat Sharma committee
52. Which Indian-origin scientist has been recently selected for NASA's Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) programme?
[C]P K Jain
53. Which state has become the first Indian state to pass Land Title Bill?
[D] M. P.
54. India's first Metrino Pod project will come up in which city?
55. Who is the author of the book titled "A State in Denial – Pakistan's Misguided and Dangerous Crusad"?
56. Who has been conferred with UK's prestigious Founders Award 2016?
57. "Zarb missile" has been successfully test fired by which country?
[A]United Arab Emirates
58. "Shaheen Eagle 2016" is a joint airforce drill between which two countries?
[A]Pakistan and Afghanistan
[B]Pakistan and China
[C]India and Bangladesh
[D]Iran and Afghanistan
59. Who among the following has won the American's world International Boxing Federation (IBF) title?
[A]Briton Anthony Joshua
[B]Mohammed Ali Qamar
[D]Sugar Ray Leonard
60. Puttingal Temple is located in which state of India?
[B] Andhra Pradesh
61. Whose birth anniversary will be celebrated on April 13, 2016 at the UN headquarters?
[A]B R Ambedkar
62. The Mullaperiyar Dam has been a subject of controversy between which two states?
[A]Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
[B]Kerala & Tamil Nadu
[C]Telangana and Karnataka
[D]Kerala & Karnataka
63. The headquarters of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) are located at:
64. What is "doda post", which has been frequently making news?
[A]A mammal species that has been recently declared extinct
[B]It is a drug made of poppy husk
[C]A bacterium species capable of breaking down plastic
[D]A space probe built by the Indian Space Research Organization
65. As per figures for 2014-15, which of the following is the correct order of states with their Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP)?
[A]Maharashtra>UttarPradesh>West Bengal>Gujarat [B]Gujarat>Maharashtra>UttarPradesh>West Bengal
[C]Uttar Pradesh> Maharashtra> West Bengal>Gujarat
[D]Maharashtra>Gujarat>Uttar Pradesh>West Bengal
66. The Group of Seven (G-7) summit for the year 2016 is to be held in which country?
67. Farzad B gas field is located in which of the following country?
68. "Mission Bhagiratha" is the prestigious water grid project in which state of India?
69. The RV Easwar Committee gave recommendations on:
[A]simplification of income tax laws
[B] Goods and Services Tax in India
[D]crude oil and gas pricing
70. Who among the following is popularly known as "Krishi ka Rishi"?
[B]Mankombu Sambasivan Swaminathan
[D]Norman Ernest Borlaug
71. The 2016 Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation is to be held in which city of India?
72. Who has been crowned as the FBB Femina Miss India World 2016?
73. Who will receive the Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation's Best Actress of the Year award 2016?
74. Who has won the 2016 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize?
75. Which of the following institutes has won the National Intellectual Property (IP) Award 2016?
[A]Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
[B]Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
[C]Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
[D]Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
76. Who is the author of the book titled "India's War: The Making of Modern South Asia 1939-1945"?
77. The Colombo Port City project, will be developed by Sri Lanka and _?
78. Soni Chaurasiya, who recently broke the record of marathon dancing of 123 hours and 20 minutes, is associated with which dance form of India?
79. Who has won the 2016 US Masters golf tournament?
80. Who has won the 2016 International Boxing Federation heavyweight title?
[A]Victor Emilio Ramirez
81. The International Day of Human Space Flight is observed on which day?
82. Which state government has recently launched "Food Entitlement Scheme"?
[B]Jammu and Kashmir
83. Which of the following has become the first entity to receive approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start a payments bank?
[A]Airtel M Commerce Services
[B]Fino Pay Tech
[C] Reliance Industries
[D]Cholamandalam Distribution Services Ltd.
84. Which of the following districts has been recently renamed by the Haryana Government?
85. Who has won the 2016 Global Indian of the Year award?
[A]Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
[C]Sanjay Leela Bhansali
86. Which country has successfully launched "SJ-10" a retrievable scientific research satellite?
87. Which interface has been launched by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) for next-generation mobile banking?
[A]Unique Payments Interface
[B]Unified Payments Interface
[C]Universal Payments Interface
[D]Unicellular Payments Interface
88. Who has been chosen for 2015 Saraswati Samman?
[A]K Aiyappa Panickar
89. Which Indian Army Chief has been conferred with the Officer of the Legion of Honour, the highest French civilian distinction?
[C]Joginder Jaswant Singh
[D]Nirmal Chander Vij
90. Who has been appointed as the Director General of Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D)?
91. Who has topped the Time's poll of 100 most influential people?
[A]Aung San Suu Kyi
92. Which country has become the 189th member of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank?
93. Who is the author of the book "Framed As a Terrorist: My 14-Year Old Struggle to Prove My Innocence"?
[A]Mohammad Aamir Khan
[C]Mohammad Nasir Batla
94. As per the recently released report by IT major Dell, which Indian city has been listed in the World's 50 'future-ready economies cities'?
95. Which of the following has won the Laadli Media & Advertising Award for Gender Sensitivity 2014-15 for "Films"?
[C]Dum Laga Ke Haisha
96. "DEEP" web portal has been launched for the acquisition of short-term power by DISCOMs. What does 'DEEP' stands for?
[A]Discovery of Efficacy Electricity Price
[B]Discovery of Effective Electricity Price
[C]Discovery of Efficient Electricity Price
[D]Discovery of Effable Electricity Price
97. Which Indian Air Force base has been renamed after former IAF chief Arjan Singh?
98. Who has been named as the International Boxing Association (AIBA) ambassador for Women's World Championship?
[C]Mohammad Ali Qamar
99. Super computer "Param Kanchenjunga" has been launched in which state of India?
100. Who has been chosen for the Wisden Almanack's Cricketers of the Year 2015?
[D]All of the above
101. 'Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan' a nationwide campaign, was started from which city of India?
102. Which airport has become the world's first airport to completely operate on solar power?
[B]Indira Gandhi International Airport
[C]Chennai International Airport
[D]Kempegowda International Airport
103. Recently, India agreed to sign the Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) with which country?
104. Recently, Ministry of Water Resources, has Signed an Implementation Agreement for Ganga Rejuvenation with:
[A]German International Cooperation (GIZ)
[C]French Environment and Energy Management Agency
[D]Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners LP
105. POSCO Pratirodh Sangram Samiti (PPSS) is an active outfit in which state of India?
106. The M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) is a light multiple rocket launcher from which country?
107. The headquarters of World Anti-Doping Agency are located at:
[D]New York, USA
108. Which of the following companies has become the first to implement 85 per cent pictorial health warnings on both sides of their products?
[A]Golden Tobacco Ltd
109. The first Maritime India Summit (MIS) was held at _?
110. Which country has won the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup for the year 2016?
111. The Indian Army's battle exercise 'Shatrujeet' was conducted in which district of India?
112. According to a report by World Bank, which of the following country has received largest sum through remittances in year 2015?
113. Which State Government has made it mandatory to have a hologram on every alcohol bottle manufactured and sold in the state?
114. Who among the following became the first ever Indian woman to qualify for Olympics in Gymnastics?
115. Who has been appointed as the new chairperson of National Monument Authority (NMA)?
116. The 2016 Retreat of the Supreme Court judges was held in which city of India?
117. Who is the author of the book "The Life and Death of Adolf Hitler"?
[A]James Cross Giblin
118. The World Haemophilia Day is observed on which date?
119. "Twitter Seva" is to be launched by Union Government for which purpose?
[A]For women safety
[B]For water purity mission
[D]For fight against human trafficking
120. Which of the following will be India's first online interactive heritage portal?
121. Who has won the 2016 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award?
122. India has recently signed MoU to promote cooperation in the field of Traditional Medicine and Homoeopathy, with which country?
123. "Twinning Network Program on Chemical Ecology" has been launched in which state of India?
124. The Regional Conference of North Eastern States on Child Adoption has been held in which city of India?
125. Which village panchayat has been awarded as the best Panchayat in India?
[A]Daultabad village of Uttar Pradesh
[B]Lodhruva village of Rajasthan
[C]Balamallupalli village of Telangana
[D]Delakhari village of Madhya Pradesh
126. The 2016 Islamic Summit Conference has been concluded in which country?
127. Which private sector bank has become the first in India to open dedicated branch for startups?
128. Which Indian umpire has been recently promoted as umpire for International Hockey Federation (FIH)?
129. The Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (CGRBMS) has been launched in which city of India?
130. As per recently released Assocham-SREI report, which state has acquired the top position in Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects across India?
131. The Cheraman Juma Masjid is located in which state of India?
132. Which of the following countries have recently signed an agreement for the launch of "PRSS-1" satellite to monitor CPEC projects?
[A]India and Iran
[B] Pakistan and China
[C]India and United States
[D]Japan and United States
133. What is the India's rank in the 2016 World Press Freedom Index (WPFI)?
134. Vishnu Vardhan is associated with which sports?
135. Who is the author of the book "The Story of Kashmir through the Ages"?
[B]Arjan Nath Chaku
136. Who has won the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for fiction?
[A]T J Stiles
[D]Viet Thanh Nguyen
137. The National Civil Services Day is celebrated on which date in India?
138. Which Union Territory (UT) of India has got the Jan Dhan Yojana Award on 2016 National Civil Services Day?
[A]Dadra and Nagar Haveli
139. As per recently released World Malaria Report 2015 of WHO, which continent has become first in the world to end malaria?
140. Which Chinese professor has been honoured with the 2013 Dr. George Grierson prize for promoting Hindi?
141. Who has been appointed as the new Director of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)?
[A]V Ravi Rama Krishna
[D]D J Narain
142. Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which city of India?
143. The IRNSS-1G will be launched from which satellite vehicle in orbit on April 28, 2016?
144. Who is the author of the book "Hindutva or Hind Swaraj"?
[A]Agha Shahid Ali
145. Khongjom Day is celebrated in which state of India?
146. Which committee has been constituted to sort out issue on central excise duty on jewellery?
[A]Girish Shah committee
[B]Gautam Ray committee
[C]Ashok Lahri committee
[D]A P Shah committee
147. The United Nations' World Book and Copy Right day is observed on which date?
148. Which committee has been constituted by the Union Government to suggest ways for doubling farmers' income by 2022?
[A]Arvind Panagariya committee
[B]Ashok Dalwai committee
[C]Amitabh Kant committee
[D]Bibek Debroy committee
149. Which Indian company has become the first to join a global energy productivity campaign "EP100"?
[A]Reliance Communications Ltd.
[B]Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
[C]Tata Global Beverages Ltd.
[D]Adani Enterprises Ltd.
150. Who has been named as the goodwill ambassador for the Indian contingent in the Rio 2016 Olympic Games?
151. Who is the author of the book "Flying in High Winds: A Memoir"?
152. Sandeep Tomar is associated with which sport?
153. Who has won India's first ever individual skeet medal at the 2016 ISSF World Cup?
[C]Mairaj Ahmed Khan
154. The National Panchayati Raj Day (NPRD) is celebrated on which date in India?
155. Which country is hosting the 2016 Heart of Asia – Istanbul Ministerial Process?
156. The 2018 Commonwealth Judo Championships will be hosted in which city of India?
157. What is the theme for 2016 International Mother Earth Day?
[A]Unite for tomorrow
[B]Trees for the Earth
[D]Earth and its ecosystems
158. Which of the following schemes has been rechristened as Khelo India Programme?
[A]Rajiv Gandhi Khel Utsah (RGKU)
[B] Panchayat Yuva Krida aur Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA)
[C]Rajiv Gandhi Khel Parisars (RGKP)
[D]Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan (RGKA)
159. Which bollywood actress has bagged the best actress in an International Narrative Feature at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival?
160. The Chithirai festival is celebrated in which state of India?
161. Nomadic Elephant 2016, is the joint military exercise of India and which country?
162. What is the theme of 2016 World Intellectual Property Day (WIPD)?
[A]Creativity – The Next Generation
[B]Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined
[C]Movies – a Global Passion
[D]Get Up, Stand Up For Music
163. The World Malaria Day (WMD) is observed on which date?
164. Which of the following has become the India's first e-office electricity distribution company among all power utilities?
[A]Andhra Pradesh Eastern Power
[B]Central Assam Electricity Distribution Company Limited
[C]Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited
[D]Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Limited
165. "Operation Sulaimani" has been launched in which district of Kerala to eradicate poverty?
166. Dattu Bhokanal is associated with which sports?
167. Who is the author of the book "Alphabet Soup for Lovers"?
[B]Arunangsu Roy Chowdhury
[C]Anand Swarup Gupta
168. Who has been honoured with the 2016 Lifetime Achievement of Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Award?
169. Which Indian footballer has recently won the FPAI Indian Player of the Year award?
170. Sharana Basaveshwara Temple is located in which state of India?
171. With which country India has recently signed MOU on Jaitapur nuclear reactor?
[B]Papua New Guinea
172. Who is the newly elected Prime Minister of the Tibetan government-in-exile?
173. Which of the following artists has won the gold medal at the 2016 Moscow Sand Sculpture Championship "The magical world of sand"?
[C]Manas Kumar Sahoo
174. Which Indian academician has been appointed as the new member to the global body United Nations University Council (UNUC)?
175. The World Day for Safety and Health at Work (WDSHW) is observed on which date?
176. Who is the author of the book "The Great Indian World Trip"?
177. Deepika Kumari is associated with which sports?
178. "Operation Milan" has been launched by which state police department of India to recover abducted youths?
179. Which committee has recently submitted report on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2015?
[A]Shah Nawaz Committee
[B]Ravi Prakash Tyagi committee
[C]Kalyan Banerjee committee
[D]Bhupender Yadav committee
180. The 2016 RedInk Veer Patrakar Puraskar has been posthumously honoured to which journalist?
[A] Gunjan Sharma
[B] Ravish Kumar
[C] Jagendra Singh
[D] Meher Ali
181. Who is the author of the book "No Time to Pause"?
182. Who has been honoured with the 2016 Red Ink Life Time Achievement Award for journalism?
183. Which country's bank note has won the 2015 IBNS Bank Note of the Year Award?
[A]New Zealand's $5 polymer note
[B]Scotland's Clydesdale Bank five-pound note
[C]Russia's 100 rouble note
[D]Sweden's 20 kronor note
184. Which of the following Indian Naval Ships (INS) have been decommissioned at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai?
[A]INS Prabal and INS Pralaya
[B]INS Nipat and INS Veer
[C]INS Prabal and INS Nashak
[D]INS Nirbhik and INS Nishank
185. Which Indian personality has been invited to address joint session of United States Congress?
186. What is the India's rank in global doping report for year 2014 by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)?
187. The International Dance day is observed on which date?
188. Which Indian personality will be bestowed with the Japan's second highest national decoration "The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star"?
[C]N K Singh
189. The Almatti Dam is a hydroelectric project on which river?
190. Recently, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has entered into a collaboration with which country for the programme 'Soil Protection and Rehabilitation for Food Security'?