1. Name the country that has been the first in the world to ban the mining of metals.
(d) El Salvador
2. This eminent Bengali poet and literary critic, has been conferred the 52nd edition of the Jnanpith Award (2016) on April, 2017. He is the 6th Bengali to win this prestigious literary award. Name him.
(a) Sanjeeb Chattopaphyay
(b) Sirshendu Mukhopadhyay
(c) Joy Goswami
(d) Sankha Ghosh
3. Name the short film that was screened by UNESCO as part of 2017 World Press Freedom Day (WPFD) in Indonesia. The WPFD is observed every year on May 3 to celebrate the fundamental principles of press freedom; to evaluate press freedom around the world, to defend the media from attacks on their independence and to pay tribute to journalists who have lost their lives in the exercise of their profession.
(c) Roadside Ambanis
(d) Little terrorist
4. Which state of India is expected to come up with India's first-ever Blind Football Academy?
(a) West Bengal
5. Name the lady who has been appointed as the first woman President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
(a) Nita Ambani
(b) Shobana Kamineni
(c) Vimala Mehta
(d) Preeti Jain
6. This state has become the first in the country to announce shifting of its financial year format to January-December for 2018, as against the current practice of April-March cycle. Which state are we talking about?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Uttar Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
7. The State government has recently imposed a ban on sale of 'High in Fat, Salt and Sugar' (HFSS) food at school canteens across the state. 12 categories of foods which cover potato chips, noodles, carbonated soft drinks, pizza, burger, cakes, biscuits, buns, pastries, etc, cannot be sold. It also gives a list of 20 items that can be sold, which include wheat roti, vegetable pulav, idli-vada, coconut water and jaljira. Which state government imposed this ban?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
8. India's first electric cab fleet was launched on May 26, 2017 to promote the usage of electric and hybrid vehicles in India. In which city of India was it launched?
(d) New Delhi
9. What is India's rank in the 2017 World Bank's Power accessibility list?
10. Rifath Sharook has designed the world's lightest and smallest satellite "KalamSat". The satellite weighs only 65 grams and will be launched by NASA on June 21, 2017. With this, he will become the first student of his country to have his experiment launched by NASA. What is Sharook's nationality.
11. She has become the first Indian woman to scale the Mount Everest for the fourth time. Name her.
(a) Lhakpa Shepa
(b) Premlata Agarwal
(c) Malavath Purna
(d) Anshu Jamsenpa
12. Name the Indian scientist who won the 2017 Dan David prize in the "Future" category.
(a) Shrinivas Kulkarni
(b) Birman Bagchi
(c) Har Gobind Khorana
(d) Dronamraju Krishna Rao
13. Name the country that has topped the 2017 Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI) released by Ernst and Young (EY).